12/09/15 - 14/11/15
10 Weeks, 6 hours per week
Our 10 Week Saturday Class IMA Foundation Course takes place over ten Saturdays and includes all the basic skills required for professional makeup artistry. It covers day, evening, special occasion and bridal looks plus all the technics to achieve this end. It is suitable for both beginners and those who wish to refresh or update their natural skills. Each Saturday you will build up your skills from preparing the skin then on to eyes, lips and powders. This course is the pre-requisite before taking a creative makeup course.
• Leading Fashion brands provided for classrooms.
Such as; Bobbi Brown, Nars, Shu Uemura, Mac, Illamasqua, Make-up for Ever, Laura Mercier…
• IMA Foundation course notes provided
• The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years
• All products including make-up and skin care plus disposables items are included
• Brushed NOT included. You will require Professional make-up brushes. You can add our Brush set and cleaner.
Please note: you will be required to bring a digital camera to keep a record of your work.
Please note: male students may be required to supply a female model to work on.
• Tools of the trade & product knowledge
• Cleansing procedures
• Hygiene and safety
• Skin analysis, face shapes and skin tones.
• Colour-correcting and concealing
• Warming and cooling colours (the colour wheel)
• Correct application and choice of foundation
• Highlighting, shading plus the use of blushers
• Achieving perfect lips
• Application and blending of eye make-up
• Application of eyeliners (liquid, cake, crayon and kohl)
• Eyebrow shaping
• The application of false eyelashes both individual & strip
• Client consultation techniques
• Building your make-up kit
IMA International Make-up Association
Make-up Application Certificate
Day, Evening & Bridal make-up
There are six components to the qualification:
• Evidence of Practical Skills
• Theory Paper
• External Examinations
Each student will need to pass two External Examinations in order to obtain this qualification. There will be a separate ‘brief’ for each External Examination:
• Day Make-up
• Evening Make-up
LSM Pro store Make-up Brush set (14 brush) £98.00
14 high quality sable & hair brushes in a protective brush roll
LSM Pro store Instant Brush Cleaner
(per bottle) £12.00
LSM Pro Store Brush Cleaner cleans and sanitises natural and synthetic makeup brushes by removing product residue, oil and pigments and kills 99.99% of bacteria within 60 seconds.