Who Is this course for?
This makeup course is suitable for both beginners and those who wish to refresh or update their natural skills with a part time course. Each Saturday you will build up your skills – first preparing the skin, then on to eyes, lips and powders. This course is the prerequisite for taking a creative makeup course.
- Leading Fashion brands provided for classrooms. Including; Bobbi Brown, Nars, Shu Uemura, Mac, Illamasqua, Make-up for Ever, Laura Mercier…
- IMA Foundation course notes provided
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years
- Majority of products including make-up, skin care and disposable items are provided
- Brushes are NOT included. You will require Professional make-up brushes. You can buy our LSM PRO Brush set & cleaner when booking a course online.
Please note: You will be required to bring a digital photographic device (phone/camera) to keep a record of your work. Please backup your photographs regularly during the education.
Please note: Male students are required to supply a female model to work on.
Please note: All students will be working on each other. If you have problematic skin, or cannot be worked on for any other reason, you will be required to bring in a model to replace yourself.
- Tools of the trade and product knowledge
- Cleansing Procedures
- Hygiene and safety
- Skin analysis, Face shapes and skin tones.
- Warming and cooling colours (the colour wheel)
- Colour-Correcting and concealing
- Correct application and choice of foundation
- Highlighting, Shading and blushers Technics
- Achieving perfect lips
- Application and blending of Eye makeup (Colour Wash, Block Eye, Smokey Eye and Socket Line)
- Application of Eyeliners (Liquid, Cake, Gel, Crayon and Kohl)
- Eyebrow Shaping
- The application of false eyelashes both individual and strip
- Client consultation techniques
- Building your make-up kit
- This part covers Both; Day and Evening looks and Special Occasions plus European Bridal
- Consolation techniques
- Individual lashes
- Primers and Setting sprays
- Total look with a veil
- Business and self-marketing
IMA International Make-up Association
Make-up Application Certificate
Day, Evening & Bridal make-up
There are six components to the qualification:
• Evidence of practical skills
• Theory paper
• External examinations
Each student will need to pass two external examinations in order to obtain this qualification. There will be a separate ‘brief’ for each external examination:
• Day make-up
• Evening make-up
LSM Pro-Store Professional Set by Da Vinci (13 brushes) £155.00
13 high-quality sable & hair brushes in a protective brush roll
This professional set has been designed exclusively for The London School of Make-Up by one of the worlds most prestigious hand made cosmetic and art brush manufactures in Germany. Using high quality sable, pony and goat hair for the best results when applying make-up. The brush set has been designed and chosen to help start your professional career in the industry.
Angled Eye shadow, Liner Angled Eyebrow Brush, Eyeliner, Lip Brush, Blender Oval/Smudger, Eyeshadow brush large round, White pony Blender brush,Powder Brush Oval, Blusher Fan, Concealer Brush, Blusher/Contour Brush Small Angled, Foundation, Angled Foundation Brush/Stippler
LSM Pro-Store Prestige Brush Set by Da Vinci (21 brushes) £255.00
This luxurious set of 21 brushes including brush belt are handmade and designed exclusively for The London School of Makeup by in Germany. Da Vinci have over 100 years of manufacturing the highest of quality professional and retail brushes for both the cosmetic and art world.
Lip Brush, Eye Shadow, Eye Shadow, Blender – Small, Blender – Long Round, Blender – Angle Large, Blender, Eye Definer, Eyeliner, Liner Angled Eyebrow Brush Angled, Eyebrow Brush Angled, Eyelash Brush, Foundation Brush, Concealer small and large Brush, Powder Brush Oval, Blusher Fan, Blusher, Blusher/Contour Brush Small Angled, Angled Foundation Brush/Stippler
LSM Pro- Store Instant Anti-Bacterial Brush Cleaner £13.00
LSM Pro- Store Anti-Bacterial Brush Cleaner is specially formulated to keep your makeup brushes clean and free from bacteria. This effective spray instantly sterilises and disinfects, prolonging the life of your brushes.
For best results, use it in conjunction with Da Vinci Soap.
LSM Pro Store Cleaning Soap by Da Vinci £10.00
Cleaning and Maintenance of the brushes
Metal box with a content of 40gr
Our special soap for cosmetic brushes, based on vegetable oils, and comes in a practical round metal box. Through its reconditioning action, it keeps natural hair and synthetic fibre smooth and elastic. Your cosmetic brushes can feel damaged, especially if the product remains in the body of the hair and the remaining cosmetics become hard. This can take away the suppleness and make the hair break.
For regular maintenance i.e. washing out all make-up residues, is recommend so we especially developed a cleaning soap which is based on pure vegetable oils with reconditioning effect.
Cared for in this way the brush hair will retain its elasticity and remains robust and smooth for a long time.
Do you accept overseas student?
Yes we take students from outside of the European Union, An overseas student is someone who lives outside of the EU and requires a visa.
Do you offer student visas?
No we do not offer student visas as our courses are less than six months long. You can undertake a course for up to 30 days in duration with us providing it is part of your visit using a visitor’s visa. You will have to apply independently for this visa from your own country.