2 Weeks, 30 hours per week
Monday to Friday
Our two-week Creative make-up course is the next level up from our foundation make-up course which must be completed at an IMA school before moving on to Creative. The creative course takes you through the skills of fashion and photographic make-up, including editorial and advertising – plus catwalk (runway) make-up – while examining and practicing the latest trends in fashion make-up application.
Each day’s workshop will be taken by a different professional make-up artist from the fashion and photographic industry. The makeup artist will start the day by talking about how they reached their level of expertise, and how they source their work. The makeup artist will talk you through their portfolio and explain how to build your own. They will then demonstrate a fashion photographic look or trend which will be followed by hands-on workshop.
In the second week, students will have the opportunity build their own portfolio with a colour photo shoot of their own work, taken in our London studio with a professional model and a fashion photographer.
The remainder of the week will be focused on catwalk make-up, using more dramatic and striking artistic work. The entire course has a great balance between demonstration and hands-on work, with the opportunity to get adventurous and creative under the mentorship of a professional artist.
• Leading Fashion brands are provided for our classrooms.
Such as; Bobbi Brown, Nars, Shu Uemura, Mac, Illamasqua, Make-up for Ever, Laura Mercier…
• Prior IMA Foundation qualification required
• The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years
• All products – including make-up and skin care, plus disposable items – are included
• Brushes are NOT included. You will require professional make-up brushes. You can buy our LSM PRO Brush set & cleaner when booking a course online.
• Special discount shopping event and student discount card would be arrange with some top brands during this course
Please note: You will be required to bring a digital photographic device (phone/camera) to keep a record of your work. Please backup your photographs regularly during the course.
Please note: Male students are required to supply a female model to work on.
Please note: All students will be working on each other. If you have problematic skin, or cannot be worked on for any other reason, you will be required to bring in a model to replace yourself.
• Tools of the trade & product knowledge
• Cleansing procedures
• Hygiene and safety
• Skin analysis, face shapes and skin tones.
• Colour-correcting and concealing
• Warming and cooling colours (the colour wheel)
• Correct application and choice of foundation
• Highlighting, shading plus the use of blushers
• Achieving perfect lips
• Application and blending of eye make-up
• Application of eyeliners (liquid, cake, crayon and kohl)
• Eyebrow shaping
• The application of false eyelashes both individual & strip
• Client consultation techniques
• Building your make-up kit
IMA International Make-up Association
Make-up Application Certificate
Day, Evening & Bridal make-up
There are six components to the qualification:
• Evidence of practical skills
• Theory paper
• External examinations
Each student will need to pass two external examinations in order to obtain this qualification. There will be a separate ‘brief’ for each external examination:
• Day make-up
• Evening make-up
LSM Pro store Make-up Brush set (14 brush) £110.00
14 high quality sable & hair brushes in a protective brush roll
Powder, Blush, Concealer, Foundation, Bronzer, Finishing Fan, Large Eye Shader, Flat Smudger, Tapered Blender, Smudger, Detail Liner, Sharp Brow, Lash Brush, Lip and Brush Roll
LSM Pro store Instant Brush Cleaner
(per bottle) £12.00
LSM Pro Store Brush Cleaner cleans and sanitises natural and synthetic makeup brushes by removing product residue, oil and pigments and kills 99.99% of bacteria within 60 seconds.
Do you accept overseas student?
Yes we take students from outside of the European Union, An overseas student is someone who lives outside of the EU and requires a visa.
Do you offer student visas?
No we do not offer student visas as our courses are less than six months long. You can undertake a course for up to 30 days in duration with us providing it is part of your visit using a visitor’s visa. You will have to apply independently for this visa from your own country.