3 Day IMA Foundation & Bridal Make up Course
Less than 5 seats left
Less than 5 seats left
3 DAYS 19.5 hours
(6.5 hours per day)
Monday to Wednesday
Our three-day Foundation & Bridal Course includes two days of intensive, hands-on make-up training, providing basic training in professional make-up skills and artistry.
The course is suitable for:
Beginners who wish to learn all the basic skills in professional make-up artistry or those who wish to refresh or update their present skills for retail. It covers day, evening, bridal and special occasion looks plus all the techniques required to achieve them. You will be working in a professional make-up studio and you’ll be taught by a working make-up artist. The course is balanced between theory, demonstrations and hands-on practical tasks. No previous experience is necessary.
The course is aimed towards those who are looking to make a full time career out of bridal makeup.
Following on from the three days of intensive training, students will complete an at home study program using the course notes provided and complete a training portfolio of evidence including a practical and written assignment, plus a number of make-up looks to complete on family and friends.
You will be asked to come back for one day after you have completed your portfolio work to take a practical exam and multiple choice theory paper. Only once you have completed the home study programme can you come back to take practical examination.
On completion of the programme you will receive an industry recognised qualification through the IMA (International Make-up Association).
For all make-up courses you will require your own set of professional make-up brushes and brush dry-cleaner (not included).
- Leading fashion brands provided for classrooms. Including; Bobbi Brown, Nars, Shu Uemura, Mac, Illamasqua, Make-up for Ever, Laura Mercier…
- IMA Foundation course notes provided
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years
- All products – including make-up, skin care and disposable items – are included
- Brushes NOT included. You will require Professional make-up brushes. You can buy our LSM PRO Brush set & cleaner when booking a course online.
Please note: You will be required to bring a digital photographic device(phone/camera) to keep a record of your work. Please backup your photographs regularly during the course.
Please note: Male students are required to supply a female model to work on.
Please note: All students will be working on each other. If you have problematic skin, or cannot be worked on for any other reason, you will be required to bring in a model to replace yourself.
• Tools of the trade & product knowledge
• Cleansing procedures
• Hygiene and safety
• Skin analysis, face shapes and skin tones.
• Colour-correcting and concealing
• Warming and cooling colours (the colour wheel)
• Correct application and choice of foundation
• Highlighting, shading plus the use of blushers
• Achieving perfect lips
• Application and blending of eye make-up
• Application of eyeliners (liquid, cake, crayon and kohl)
• Eyebrow shaping
• The application of false eyelashes both individual & strip
• Client consultation techniques
• Building your make-up kit
IMA International Make-up Association
Make-up Application Certificate
Day, Evening & Bridal make-up
There are six components to the qualification:
• Evidence of Practical Skills
• Theory Paper
• External examinations
Each student will need to pass two external examinations in order to obtain this qualification. There will be a separate ‘brief’ for each external examination:
• Day make-up
• Evening make-up
LSM Pro store Make-up Brush set (14 brush) £110.00
14 high quality sable & hair brushes in a protective brush roll
Powder, Blush, Concealer, Foundation, Bronzer, Finishing Fan, Large Eye Shader, Flat Smudger, Tapered Blender, Smudger, Detail Liner, Sharp Brow, Lash Brush, Lip and Brush Roll
LSM Pro store Instant Brush Cleaner
(per bottle) £12.00
LSM Pro Store Brush Cleaner cleans and sanitises natural and synthetic makeup brushes by removing product residue, oil and pigments and kills 99.99% of bacteria within 60 seconds.
Do you accept overseas student?
Yes we take students from outside of the European Union, An overseas student is someone who lives outside of the EU and requires a visa.
Do you offer student visas?
No we do not offer student visas as our courses are less than six months long. You can undertake a course for up to 30 days in duration with us providing it is part of your visit using a visitor’s visa. You will have to apply independently for this visa from your own country.