4 Week IMA Foundation Certificate & Creative Course
Monday to Friday
Less than 5 seats left
4 Weeks, 30 hours per week
This four-week course incorporates both the two-week Foundation Certificate Course and the two-week Creative Course and is suitable for beginners and those who wish to take their skills to the next level.
Foundation Course description
During the first two weeks, you will cover day, evening, special occasion and bridal makeup, plus all the techniques required to achieve these looks. Our resident makeup teachers will guide you through all the basic skills, such as cleansing and analysing the skin.
You will also cover corrective work and the use of highlighters and concealers, face shapes and the colour wheel. You will be taught how to choose, apply and blend foundation – then go onto eyes and lips, including blending eye shadows and different forms of eyeliners such as liquid, cake, crayon and kohl.
You will learn how to apply false eyelashes – including strip and individual – plus face powders and how to set them. The course will also cover tools of the trade, hygiene and client consultation.
Creative Course description
The following two weeks will consist of creative makeup courses taught by different professional working guest makeup artists each day and will cover both photographic and catwalk (runway) makeup. Each makeup artist will talk you through their personal portfolio and demonstrate a look before you move on to hands-on practice.
There will be a colour photo shoot during the final week in our professional studio, using an agency model and fashion photographer to start off your own portfolio. These pictures are included in the cost of the course.
You will be required to bring along a set of makeup brushes or purchase a set from the school. All the makeup and products are included in the course fee.
- Leading fashion brands provided for classrooms.
Including; Bobbi Brown, Nars, Shu Uemura, Mac, Illamasqua, Make-up for Ever, Laura Mercier…
- IMA Foundation course notes provided
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years
- The majority of products, including makeup, skincare and disposable items, are provided
- Brushes are NOT included. You will require professional makeup brushes. You can buy our LSM PRO Brush set & cleaner when booking a course online.
- Special discount shopping events and student discount cards will be arranged with some top brands during this course.
Please note: You will be required to bring a digital photographic device(phone/camera) to keep a record of your work. Please back up your photographs regularly during the education.
Please note: Male students are required to supply a female model to work on.
Please note: All students will be working on each other. If you have problematic skin or cannot be worked on for any other reason, you will be required to bring in a model to replace yourself.
- Tools of the trade and product knowledge
- Cleansing Procedures
- Hygiene and safety
- Skin analysis, Face shapes and skin tones.
- Warming and cooling colours (the colour wheel)
- Colour-Correcting and concealing
- Correct application and choice of foundation
- Highlighting, Shading and blushers Technics
- Achieving perfect lips
- Application and blending of Eye makeup (Colour Wash, Block Eye, Smokey Eye and Socket Line)
- Application of Eyeliners (Liquid, Cake, Gel, Crayon and Kohl)
- Eyebrow Shaping
- The application of false eyelashes, both individual and strip
- Client consultation techniques
- Building your makeup kit
- This part covers Both; Day and Evening looks and Special Occasions, plus European Bridal
European Bride Make-up
- Consolation techniques
- Individual lashes
- Primers and Setting sprays
- Total look with a veil
- Business and self-marketing
Creative & Photographic Levels:
Asian & Arabic Bridal Make-up
- Contouring, Highlighting and Shading
- Powder Baking & Eye-guard
- Perfecting lipstick and eyebrow
- Cut Crease Eyes & Halo Eyes
- Glitter Application – Glitter Liner
- Big Bold Winged Liner – Arabic Inspired
Fashion, Photographic Level
- Catwalk / Runway
- Creative Makeup
- Colour Photographic Makeup
- Studio Photo-Shoot with Models
- Editorial looks
- The Sixties
- Glamour Makeup
- Aqua colour
- Graphic Eyeliner
- Skin Finishes: Matte, Glossy, Dewy
- Face Shapes and Bone Structure
- Cut Crease Eyes
- Cutting The Crease with Concealer
- Glitter, Shimmer and Pigments Applications
- Creative Blusher
- Creative Lipstick
- Power Eye Brow
- Ombre Lipstick
- The use of creams and textures.
- In-doors and Out-Door Photography Makeup Tips
- Live TV and Film
- HD Makeup
- Etiquette for Studio and Shows
- More info about products knowledge
- Portfolio building
IMA International Make-up Association
Makeup Application Certificate
Day, Evening & Bridal Make-up
There are six components to the qualification:
• Evidence of practical skills
• Theory paper
• External examinations
Each student will need to pass two external examinations in order to obtain this qualification. There will be a separate ‘brief’ for each external examination:
• Day makeup
• Evening makeup
Plus Creative Course attendance certificate
LSM Pro-Store Professional Set by Da Vinci (13 brushes) £150.00
13 high-quality sable & hair brushes in a protective brush roll
This professional set has been designed exclusively for The London School of Make-Up by one of the world’s most prestigious handmade cosmetic and art brush manufacturers in Germany. Using high-quality sable, pony and goat hair for the best results when applying makeup. The brush set has been designed and chosen to help start your professional career in the industry.
Angled Eye shadow, Liner Angled Eyebrow Brush, Eyeliner, Lip Brush, Blender Oval/Smudger, Eyeshadow brush large round, White pony Blender brush, Powder Brush Oval, Blusher Fan, Concealer Brush, Blusher/Contour Brush Small Angled, Foundation, Angled Foundation Brush/Stippler
LSM Pro-Store Prestige Brush Set by Da Vinci (21 brushes) £250.00
This luxurious set of 21 brushes, including a brush belt, are handmade and designed exclusively for The London School of Makeup by in Germany. Da Vinci has over 100 years of manufacturing the highest quality professional and retail brushes for both the cosmetic and art world.
Lip Brush, Eye Shadow, Eye Shadow, Blender – Small, Blender – Long Round, Blender – Angle Large, Blender, Eye Definer, Eyeliner, Liner Angled Eyebrow Brush Angled, Eyebrow Brush Angled, Eyelash Brush, Foundation Brush, Concealer small and large Brush, Powder Brush Oval, Blusher Fan, Blusher, Blusher/Contour Brush Small Angled, Angled Foundation Brush/Stippler
LSM Pro- Store Instant Anti-Bacterial Brush Cleaner £12.00
LSM Pro- Store Anti-Bacterial Brush Cleaner is specially formulated to keep your makeup brushes clean and free from bacteria. This effective spray instantly sterilizes and disinfects, prolonging the life of your brushes.
For best results, use it in conjunction with Da Vinci Soap.
LSM Pro Store Cleaning Soap by Da Vinci £10.00
Cleaning and Maintenance of the brushes
Metal box with a content of 40 g
Our special soap for cosmetic brushes is based on vegetable oils and comes in a practical round metal box. Through its reconditioning action, it keeps natural hair and synthetic fibres smooth and elastic. Your cosmetic brushes can feel damaged, especially if the product remains in the body of the hair and the remaining cosmetics become hard. This can take away the suppleness and make the hair break.
Regular Maintenance, i.e. washing out all makeup residues, is recommended, so we especially developed a cleaning soap which is based on pure vegetable oils with reconditioning effect.
Cared for in this way, the brush hair will retain its elasticity and remains robust and smooth for a long time.
Do you accept overseas students?
Yes, we take students from outside of the European Union. An overseas student is someone who lives outside of the EU and requires a visa.
Do you offer student visas?
No, we do not offer student visas, as our courses are less than six months long. However, you can undertake a study for up to 30 days in duration with us providing it is part of your visit using a visitor’s visa. You will have to apply independently for this visa from your own country.