4 Week Foundation Certificate & Creative Course
Only 1 Seat left
4 Weeks, 30 hours per week
Monday to Friday
This four-week course incorporates both the two-week Foundation Certificate Course and the two-week Creative Course, and is suitable for beginners and those who wish to take their skills to the next level.
During the first two weeks you will cover day, evening, special occasion and bridal make-up plus all the techniques required to achieve these looks. Our resident make-up teachers will guide you through all the basic skills, such as cleansing and analysing the skin.
You will also cover corrective work and the use of highlighters and concealers, face shapes and the colour wheel. You will be taught how to choose, apply and blend foundation – then go onto eyes and lips, including blending eye shadows and different forms of liners such as liquid, cake, crayon and kohl.
You will be taught how to apply false eye lashes – including strip and individual – plus face powders and how to set them. The course will also cover tools of the trade, hygiene and client consultation.
The following two weeks will be taught by different professional working guest make-up artists each day and will cover both photographic and catwalk (runway) make-up. Each makeup artist will talk you through their personal portfolio and demonstrate a look before you move onto hands-on practice.
There will be a colour photo shoot during the final week in our professional studio, using an agency model and fashion photographer to start off your own portfolio. These pictures are included in the cost of the course.
You will be required to bring along a set of make-up brushes or purchase a set from the school. All the make-up and products are included in the course fee.
• Leading fashion brands provided for classrooms.
Including; Bobbi Brown, Nars, Shu Uemura, Mac, Illamasqua, Make-up for Ever, Laura Mercier…
• IMA Foundation course notes provided
• The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years
• All products – including make-up and skin care, plus disposable items – are included
• Brushes are NOT included. You will require professional make-up brushes. You can buy our LSM PRO Brush set & cleaner when booking a course online.
• Special discount shopping event and student discount card would be arrange with some top brands during this course.
Please note: You will be required to bring a digital photographic device(phone/camera) to keep a record of your work. Please backup your photographs regularly during the education.
Please note: Male students are required to supply a female model to work on.
Please note: All students will be working on each other. If you have problematic skin, or cannot be worked on for any other reason, you will be required to bring in a model to replace yourself.
- Tools of the trade & product knowledge
- Cleansing procedures
- Hygiene and safety
- Skin analysis, face shapes and skin tones.
- Colour-correcting and concealing
- Warming and cooling colours (the colour wheel)
- Correct application and choice of foundation
- Highlighting, shading plus the use of blushers
- Achieving perfect lips
- Application and blending of eye make-up
- Application of eyeliners (liquid, cake, crayon and kohl)
- Eyebrow shaping
- The application of false eyelashes both individual & strip
- Client consultation techniques
- Building your make-up kit
- This part covers Both Day and Evening looks plus Western Bridal
- Studio Photo Shoot
- Aqua colour
- The use of creams and textures.
IMA International Make-up Association
Make-up Application Certificate
Day, Evening & Bridal make-up
There are six components to the qualification:
• Evidence of practical skills
• Theory paper
• External examinations
Each student will need to pass two external examinations in order to obtain this qualification. There will be a separate ‘brief’ for each external examination:
• Day make-up
• Evening make-up
LSM Pro store Make-up Brush set (14 brush) £110.00
14 high quality sable & hair brushes in a protective brush roll
Powder, Blush, Concealer, Foundation, Bronzer, Finishing Fan, Large Eye Shader, Flat Smudger, Tapered Blender, Smudger, Detail Liner, Sharp Brow, Lash Brush, Lip and Brush Roll
LSM Pro store Instant Brush Cleaner
(per bottle) £12.00
LSM Pro Store Brush Cleaner cleans and sanitises natural and synthetic makeup brushes by removing product residue, oil and pigments and kills 99.99% of bacteria within 60 seconds.
Do you accept overseas student?
Yes we take students from outside of the European Union, An overseas student is someone who lives outside of the EU and requires a visa.
Do you offer student visas?
No we do not offer student visas as our courses are less than six months long. You can undertake a course for up to 30 days in duration with us providing it is part of your visit using a visitor’s visa. You will have to apply independently for this visa from your own country.