Our five-day intensive course in hair styling is designed for those who wish to add an extra skill to complement hair and makeup skills for fashion shows, weddings, TV and advertising. This section of the course will be taught by a professional working hair & make-up artist. We’ll teach you how to dress hair in different styles and the techniques used to achieve them.
Please note: Male students are required to supply a female model to work on.
The course covers:
- Hygiene and safety
- Structure of the hair
- Use of equipment
- Product training
- Plaits – three strand and fish tail
- Basic blow drying techniques
- Advanced blow-drying to create root lift and curl
- Roller set and root movement theory
- Pin and rag curl sets
- Pony tails
- Tonging / electrical curling, and different methods
- Finishing of hair plus texturing
- Twisting and pinning hair
- Dressing of long hair – chignon, French plait, classic bun
- Back combing/brushing
- Correct use of hair pins
- Finger waves
Styles / Techniques
- Blow Drying
- Back Brushing / Combing
- Up-style – using ‘Donut’
- Pony Tail
- 3-Strand and ‘Fish-tail’ Plait
- French Pleat
- Rag Curls
- Victory Rolls
- 60’s Beehive
- French Plait
- Latest Fashion styles
*The course does not include cutting or colouring
All products and equipment are supplied
IMA International Make-up Association
IMA Hair Diploma
There are components to the qualification:
- Evidence of Practical Skills
- Hair Sheets
Do you accept overseas student?
Yes we take students from outside of the European Union, An overseas student is someone who lives outside of the EU and requires a visa.
Do you offer student visas?
No we do not offer student visas as our courses are less than six months long. You can undertake a course for up to 30 days in duration with us providing it is part of your visit using a visitor’s visa. You will have to apply independently for this visa from your own country.