8 Week IMA Fashion, Photographic & Media plus Dressing Hair Course
Monday to Friday
8 Weeks, 30 hours per week
Our eight-week Fashion, Photographic, and Media make-up plus Dressing Hair course is designed for those who are seriously considering a full-time career in the high fashion media make-up industry. This course includes all of the elements offered in our other courses within one course. If you are looking for an intensive, all-encompassing make-up course, then this is the ultimate course for you.
Who Is this course for?
It takes you from the beginner’s foundation level through to Creative skills in Fashion, Photographic and Catwalk/Runway (with no previous experience required) and onwards to media, film and theatrical make-up. All of our make-up courses are designed to give the student as much time applying make-up and hands-on experience as possible.
There is no need to undertake a separate foundation module prior to starting this 8 Week’s course as it includes within the first two weeks all the basic elements required.
Over the following weeks, students will spend each day under the instruction of some of the world’s top international make-up artists, who will be handing over all the latest techniques and looks in various aspects of high fashion, photographic and media make-up.
All lessons take place in a professional working makeup studio in central London. A typical day is broken down into demonstrations by the make-up artist and followed by practical sessions while working in pairs.
The creative curriculum covers; High Fashion, Editorial, Photographic and Catwalk/Runway looks, followed by TV, Film, Black & White Photography Makeup, Fantasy, Theatrical, Period styles, Air Brushing, Showgirl, Special Effects such as false beards & moustaches, ageing, cuts, bruises and scarring. You will also have five days to IMA Dressing Hair with a hair session stylist for up-styles, blow-drying and platting.
During this all-encompassing course, you will take part in both colour and monochrome photographic shoots on an agency model and shot by a professional fashion photographer to help start off your portfolio.
- Leading fashion brands provided for classrooms.
Including; Bobbi Brown, Nars, Shu Uemura, Mac, Illamasqua, Make-up for Ever, Laura Mercier…
- IMA Foundation course notes provided
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years
- The majority of products, including make-up, skincare and disposable items, are provided
- Brushes are NOT included. You will require professional make-up brushes. You can buy our LSM PRO Brush set & cleaner when booking a course online.
- Special discount shopping events and student discount cards will be arranged with some top brands during this course.
Please note: You will be required to bring a digital photographic device(phone/camera) to keep a record of your work. Please back up your photographs regularly during the education.
Please note: Male students are required to supply a female model to work on.
Please note: All students will be working on each other. If you have problematic skin or you cannot be worked on for any other reason, you will be required to bring in a model to replace yourself.
- Tools of the trade and product knowledge
- Cleansing Procedures
- Hygiene and safety
- Skin analysis, Face shapes and skin tones.
- Warming and cooling colours (the colour wheel)
- Colour-Correcting and concealing
- Correct application and choice of foundation
- Highlighting, Shading and blushers Technics
- Achieving perfect lips
- Application and blending of Eye makeup (Colour Wash, Block Eye, Smokey Eye and Socket Line)
- Application of Eyeliners (Liquid, Cake, Gel, Crayon and Kohl)
- Eyebrow Shaping
- The application of false eyelashes, both individual and strip
- Client consultation techniques
- Building your make-up kit
- This part covers Both; Day and Evening looks and Special Occasions, plus European Bridal
- Consolation techniques
- Individual lashes
- Primers and Setting sprays
- Total look with a veil
- Business and self-marketing
Creative & Photographic & Media Levels:
Asian and Arabic Bridal Make-up
- Contouring, Highlighting and Shading
- Powder Baking & Eye-guard
- Perfecting lipstick and eyebrow
- Cut Crease Eyes & Halo Eyes
- Glitter Application – Glitter Liner
- Big Bold Winged Liner – Arabic Inspired
Fashion, Photographic & Media
- Catwalk / Runway
- Creative Make-up
- Colour Photographic Makeup
- Studio Photo-Shoot with Models
- Editorial looks
- Second Studio Photo Shoot Black and White (Monochrome)
- The Sixties
- Glamour Make-up
- Aqua colour
- Graphic Eyeliner
- Skin Finishes: Matte, Glossy, Dewy
- Face Shapes and Bone Structure
- Halo Eyes
- Cut Crease Eyes
- Cutting the Crease with Concealer
- Creative Blusher
- Creative Lipstick
- Glitter, Shimmer and Pigments Applications
- Power Eye Brow
- Ombre Lipstick
- The use of creams and textures.
- In-doors and Out-Door Photography Make-up Tips
- Live TV and Film
- HD Makeup
- Etiquette for Studio and Shows
- High Fashion Fantasy
- Body painting
- Airbrush Makeup
- Period makeup (Renaissance, Victorian, Elizabethan)
- Different region period makeup (Geisha, Kabuki, Egyptian)
- Special Effects (cuts, bruising, moustache, beard application, bleeding etc.)
- More info about products knowledge
- Portfolio building
Styles / Techniques
- Blow Drying
- Back Brushing / Combing
- Up-style – using ‘Donut’
- Pony Tail
- 3-Strand and ‘Fish-tail’ Plait
- French Pleat
- Rag Curls
- Victory Rolls
- 60’s Beehive
- French Plait
- Latest Fashion styles
IMA International Make-up Association
Make-up Application Certificate
Day, Evening & Bridal make-up
There are six components to the qualification:
- Evidence of practical skills
- Theory paper
- External examinations
Each student will need to pass two external examinations in order to obtain this qualification. There will be a separate ‘brief’ for each external examination:
- Day make-up
- Evening make-up
Fashion / Photographic / Media Make-up Diploma
Catwalk, Fashion, Black & White Photography, Male Grooming, Period Styles, Special Effects and Hairstyling
There are four components to the qualification:
- Evidence of practical skills
- Face sheets / Hair sheets
IMA Hair Diploma
There are components to the qualification:
- Evidence of Practical Skills
- Hair Sheets
LSM Pro-Store Professional Set by Da Vinci (13 brushes) £155.00
13 high-quality sable & hair brushes in a protective brush roll
This professional set has been designed exclusively for The London School of Make-Up by one of the world’s most prestigious handmade cosmetic and art brush manufacturers in Germany. Using high-quality sable, pony and goat hair for the best results when applying makeup. The brush set has been designed and chosen to help start your professional career in the industry.
Angled Eye shadow, Liner Angled Eyebrow Brush, Eyeliner, Lip Brush, Blender Oval/Smudger, Eyeshadow brush large round, White pony Blender brush, Powder Brush Oval, Blusher Fan, Concealer Brush, Blusher/Contour Brush Small Angled, Foundation, Angled Foundation Brush/Stippler
LSM Pro-Store Prestige Brush Set by Da Vinci (21 brushes) £255.00
This luxurious set of 21 brushes, including a brush belt, are handmade and designed exclusively for The London School of Makeup by in Germany. Da Vinci has over 100 years of manufacturing the highest quality professional and retail brushes for both the cosmetic and art world.
Lip Brush, Eye Shadow, Eye Shadow, Blender – Small, Blender – Long Round, Blender – Angle Large, Blender, Eye Definer, Eyeliner, Liner Angled Eyebrow Brush Angled, Eyebrow Brush Angled, Eyelash Brush, Foundation Brush, Concealer small and large Brush, Powder Brush Oval, Blusher Fan, Blusher, Blusher/Contour Brush Small Angled, Angled Foundation Brush/Stippler
LSM Pro- Store Instant Anti-Bacterial Brush Cleaner £13.00
LSM Pro- Store Anti-Bacterial Brush Cleaner is specially formulated to keep your makeup brushes clean and free from bacteria. This effective spray instantly sterilizes and disinfects, prolonging the life of your brushes.
For best results, use it in conjunction with Da Vinci Soap.
LSM Pro Store Cleaning Soap by Da Vinci £10.00
Cleaning and Maintenance of the brushes
Metal box with a content of 40 g
Our special soap for cosmetic brushes is based on vegetable oils and comes in a practical round metal box. Through its reconditioning action, it keeps natural hair and synthetic fibres smooth and elastic. Your cosmetic brushes can feel damaged, especially if the product remains in the body of the hair and the remaining cosmetics become hard. This can take away the suppleness and make the hair break.
Regular Maintenance, i.e. washing out all makeup residues, is recommended, so we especially developed a cleaning soap which is based on pure vegetable oils with reconditioning effect.
Cared for in this way, the brush hair will retain its elasticity and remains robust and smooth for a long time.
Do you accept overseas students?
Yes, we take students from outside of the European Union. An overseas student is someone who lives outside of the EU and requires a visa.
Do you offer student visas?
No, we do not offer student visas, as our courses are less than six months long. However, you can undertake a study for up to 30 days in duration with us providing it is part of your visit using a visitor’s visa. You will have to apply independently for this visa from your own country.