8 Week Photographic & Media Makeup Diploma Course
Only 1 Seat left
Less than 5 seats left
8 Weeks, 30 hours per week
Monday to Friday
Our eight-week Photographic and Media make-up course is designed for those who are seriously considering a full-time career in the high fashion media make-up industry.
This course includes all of the elements offered in our other courses within one course. If you are looking for an intensive all-encompassing make-up course then this is the ultimate course for you.
It takes you from the beginner’s foundation level through to Creative skills (with no previous experience required) and onwards to media, film and theatrical make-up. All of our make-up courses are designed to give the student as much time applying make-up and hands-on experience as possible.
There is no need to undertake a separate foundation module prior to starting this 8 week course as it includes within the first two weeks all the basic elements required.
Over the following weeks students will spend each day under the instruction of some of the world’s top international make-up artists who will be handing over all the latest techniques and looks in various aspects of high fashion, photographic and media make-up.
All lessons take place in a professional working makeup studio in central London. A typical day is broken down into demonstrations from the make-up artist and followed by practical sessions while working in pairs.
The creative curriculum covers; high fashion, photographic and catwalk looks, followed by TV, film, black & white, fantasy, theatrical, period styles, burlesque, show girl, special effects such as false beards & moustaches, ageing, cuts, bruises and scarring. You will also have five days in dressing hair with a hair session stylist for up-styles, blow-drying and platting.
During this all-encompassing course you will take part in both a colour and monochrome photographic shoot on an agency model and shot by a professional fashion photographer to help start off your portfolio.
• Leading fashion brands provided for classrooms.
Including; Bobbi Brown, Nars, Shu Uemura, Mac, Illamasqua, Make-up for Ever, Laura Mercier…
• IMA Foundation course notes provided
• The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years
• All products – including make-up and skin care, plus disposable items – are included
• Brushes are NOT included. You will require Professional make-up brushes. You can buy our LSM PRO Brush set & cleaner when booking a course online.
• A special discount shopping event and student discount card will be arranged with some top brands during this course.
Please note: You will be required to bring a digital photographic device(phone/camera) to keep a record of your work. Please backup your photographs regularly during the education.
Please note: Male students are required to supply a female model to work on.
Please note: All students will be working on each other. If you have problematic skin, or you cannot be worked on for any other reason, you will be required to bring in a model to replace yourself.
- Tools of the trade & product knowledge
- Cleansing procedures
- Hygiene and safety
- Skin analysis, face shapes and skin tones.
- Colour-correcting and concealing
- Warming and cooling colours (the colour wheel)
- Correct application and choice of foundation
- Highlighting, shading plus the use of blushers
- Achieving perfect lips
- Application and blending of eye make-up
- Application of eyeliners (liquid, cake, crayon and kohl)
- Eyebrow shaping
- The application of false eyelashes both individual & strip
- Client consultation techniques
- Building your make-up kit
- This part covers both Day and Evening looks plus Western Bridal
- Studio Photo Shoot
- Aqua colure
Photographic & Media
- Show girl
- Concept makeup
- Body painting
- Monochrome photo
- Studio Photo Shoot
- Period makeup (Renaissance, Victorian, Elizabethan )
- Different region period makeup ( Geisha, Kabuki, Egyptian)
- Special Effects (cuts, bruising, moustache, beard application, bleeding etc.)
- Hair Styles (French Pleat, Curls, Beehives, Victory Rolls, Chignon, Sectioning, Victory rolls etc.)
Styles / Techniques
- Blow Drying
- Back Brushing / Combing
- Up-style – using ‘Donut’
- Pony Tail
- 3-Strand and ‘Fish-tail’ Plait
- French Pleat
- Rag Curls
- Victory Rolls
- 60’s Beehive
- French Plait
- Latest Fashion styles
IMA International Make-up Association
Make-up Application Certificate
Day, Evening & Bridal make-up
There are six components to the qualification:
- Evidence of practical skills
- Theory paper
- External examinations
Each student will need to pass two external examinations in order to obtain this qualification. There will be a separate ‘brief’ for each external examination:
- Day make-up
- Evening make-up
Fashion / Photographic / Media Make-up Diploma
Catwalk, Fashion, Black & White Photography, Male Grooming, Period Styles, Special Effects and Hairstyling
There are four components to the qualification:
- Evidence of practical skills
- Face sheets / Hair sheets
IMA Hair Diploma
There are components to the qualification:
- Evidence of Practical Skills
- Hair Sheets
LSM Pro store Make-up Brush set (14 brush) £110.00
14 high quality sable & hair brushes in a protective brush roll
Powder, Blush, Concealer, Foundation, Bronzer, Finishing Fan, Large Eye Shader, Flat Smudger, Tapered Blender, Smudger, Detail Liner, Sharp Brow, Lash Brush, Lip and Brush Roll
LSM Pro store Instant Brush Cleaner
(per bottle) £12.00
LSM Pro Store Brush Cleaner cleans and sanitises natural and synthetic makeup brushes by removing product residue, oil and pigments and kills 99.99% of bacteria within 60 seconds.
Do you accept overseas student?
Yes we take students from outside of the European Union, An overseas student is someone who lives outside of the EU and requires a visa.
Do you offer student visas?
No we do not offer student visas as our courses are less than six months long. You can undertake a course for up to 30 days in duration with us providing it is part of your visit using a visitor’s visa. You will have to apply independently for this visa from your own country.