Confirm & Payment
Please note, If you booking a course within 21 days of the start
date full payment is due. ALL prices include VAT.
Course Fee: £
DEPOSIT COST - £
Or pay in instalments at 0% APR
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions as set out below are a contract of enrolment between the student and the school.
ENROLMENT FEES & REFUNDS
1. SHOULD A STUDENT FAIL TO ATTEND A CONFIRMED COURSE OR COMPLETE THE COURSE FOR WHAT EVER REASON OTHER THAN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT THE COURSE IS CANCELLED BY THE SCHOOL, (FOR EXAMPLE: PERSONAL PROBLEMS, ILLNESS, CHANGE OF MIND, RELOCATION, PREGNANCY, ILLNESS OR DEATH IN THE FAMILY, CHANGE IN PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES, FAILURE TO OBTAIN A LOAN ETC.) NO REFUNDS OF FEES OR DEPOSITS WILL BE MADE AND NO ENTITLEMENT TO AN ALTERNATIVE-DATE COURSE WILL BE GRANTED.
2. All deposits are non-refundable but will be credited towards the course fee. If you cancel your enrolment less than 21 days prior to the start date, no monies will be refunded.
3. Balances of the full courses fee should be paid no later than 21 days to the schools administration office prior to the commencement date. Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in the deposit being forfeited and no entitlement to a new date.
4. Once notification of the commencement date has been issued there will be no opportunity to change the course date without the full payment of any outstanding balance and at least twenty one days written notice being received by the schools office, which reserves the right to change and confirm another date. (This will be subject to availability only). The applicant can make only one change of date.
5. All fees must be received by the School in full and any overseas or UK bank charges will automatically be added to the final balance payable. Courses are not exempt from VAT nor can VAT be claimed back by overseas students. All fee’s quoted attract and include VAT (UK GOVERNMENT TAX) at the current rate with no exemptions.
6. A student is accepted for enrolment on and subject to the conditions that the student will attend on the commencement date and at the time specified in the confirmation letter which will be sent to the student upon receipt of the completed application form together with the correct deposit.
7. Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or terrorist act.
8. Students will not be accepted on the commencement date unless full payment of fees has been received by the school.
9. Course fees, deposits and other payments are non-transferable.
HOURS, ATTENDANCE & ACHIEVEMENT
10. STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND ON THE FIRST DAY OF THEIR COURSE OR MODULE AT THE TIME STATED ON THEIR CONFIRMATION LETTER. FAILURE TO ATTEND THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR COURSE OR MODULE WILL PRECLUDE YOU FROM ATTENDING ANY FURTHER PART OF THAT COURSE OR MODULE, AND YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID OR OFFERED AN ALTERNATIVE START DATE OR COURSE.
11. Students must have at least 80% attendance for each of the modules they are attending. Failure to meet this requirement will result in the student being refused any more participation in the module plus the examination board (International Make-up Association) refusing to examine the student.
12. Classes will commence promptly at the published times irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Latecomers may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the School’s Director without prior notice.
13. The School will be closed on all UK public holidays. If a public holiday falls during your course, no extra days will be added to your course or reduction in fees given.
14. Paying for and/or attending a course fully does not guarantee a qualification, diploma or certificate of achievement. Awards of achievement are gained by the successful fulfilment of the criteria set out by the awarding body. The decision of the schools Director is final in all such cases.
15. Time off for official religious holidays, booked vacations, medical appointments and pre-arranged weddings etc. must be discussed and agreed before a course application is submitted. Absence should be avoided where possible.
STUDENTS FROM OUTSIDE THE UK
16. Students making arrangements for payment of course fees through overseas banks must ensure that either the fees or proof of payment from their bank accompanies the application form. Bank drafts should be directed to The London School of Make-up, 11 John Princes Street, London W1G 0JR.
17. Please insure that the remitting bank quotes the full name of the attending student on the details of payment. All bank charges must be prepaid in order that The London School of Make-up receives the amount in full.
18. Fees paid by direct debit transfer of credit, must firstly have an application form by posted or E-mailed to the School in advance. The amount of the transfer clearly stated on the application form along with the bank details and / or reference number.
19. It is regretted that due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras is not permitted. Audio recording equipment may be permitted by specific arrangement; however digital cameras are permitted and recommended.
20. As all courses are of a continuous nature, no allowance for lateness or absenteeism will be made except with prior consent by the school Director who also reserves the right to dismiss any student giving justifiable cause for such action. His decision in all such matters will be deemed as final.
21. It is not the responsibility of the School or individual teachers to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason.
22. All course contents, their elements and fees are subject to change without any prior notice to Students at the discretion of the School.
23. Employer’s guarantee & it is our continued policy in the case of any student who is employed or sponsored by any other organisation, not to openly or directly solicit that student for the purposes of employment, whilst that student is attending a The London School of Make-up course.
24. Students unable to understand or speak English will not be permitted to take part in practical sessions without the assistance of a suitably qualified interpreter. The interpreter must be arranged at the expense of the student.
25. Students failing to complete their assessments, variations, ranges etc. during the term of their course will be charged by the hour for any further teaching/supervision/assessing. These sessions will be at the convenience of the School. Check with the Administration department for the current rates.
26. These conditions form the main part of the contract between the School and the Student. The Centre Policy Guidelines (issued separately on request) also form part of this contract and should be read by all students. Only the school’s Director shall be authorised to alter or waive any of the aforementioned terms and conditions.
27. If any student behaves improperly on the School’s premises including any form of cheating during an exam, damages or removes any equipment or products belonging to the School will be asked to leave immediately.
DATA PROTECTION ACT
28. The London School of Make-up is registered under Data Protection Act 1998, registration number CSN1454731. This means that we will not share any of your details with third parties apart from the details required by the awarding bodies for the purpose of registration and certification.