EU Citizens No need VISA

Home » News » EU Citizens No need VISA


Do I need a visa to  come into the UK or study with LSM?

The simple answer is NO. You will not need a visa to come to the UK.

As an EU citizen, you can visit the UK as a Standard Visitor for tourism, business or study (courses up to 6 months) and other permitted activities.

You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months. You might be able to apply to stay for longer in certain circumstances, for example, to get medical treatment.

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens can travel to the UK for holidays or short trips without needing a visa. You can cross the UK border using a valid passport which should be valid for the whole time you are in the UK.

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens can continue to use the automatic ePassport gates to pass through the border on arrival.

You cannot use an EU, EEA or Swiss national ID card to enter the UK unless you:

  • have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, or Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man’s settlement schemes
  • have an EU Settlement Scheme family permit, or the equivalent from Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man
  • have a frontier worker permit
  • are an S2 Healthcare Visitor
  • are a Swiss national and have a Service Provider from Switzerland visa.

Check you meet the eligibility requirements

You must have a passport or travel document to enter the UK. It should be valid for the whole of your stay.

You must be able to show that:

  • you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit
  • you’re able to support yourself and your dependants during your trip (or have funding from someone else to support you)
  • you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey)
  • you’ll not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home

What you can and cannot do (‘permitted activities’)

You can visit the UK as a Standard Visitor:

You cannot:

  • do paid or unpaid work for a UK company or as a self-employed person
  • claim public funds (benefits)
  • live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent or successive visits
  • marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership – you’ll need to apply for a Marriage Visitor visa

Special offer on all courses starting 9th January 2023

As the new year begins, we are offering students a 10% discount on most of our makeup courses. These courses are specially selected to suit you.

  • Deposit (This fee will be removed from the total amount of the Course Fee)
  • Change dates up to 21 days from the course start dates*
  • Cancellation Premium (Covers the global pandemic)

* Full Balance payment is required to change to a new date.

Skip to content