5 Day IMA Diploma in Dressing Hair
1 week (30 hours per week)
Monday to Friday
Our five-day intensive course in hair styling is designed for those who wish to add an extra skill to complement hair and makeup skills for fashion shows, weddings, TV, and advertising. This section of the course will be taught by a professional working hair & make-up artist. We will teach you how to dress hair in different styles and the techniques used to achieve them.
What is included this Course:
- All Hair Products and equipment
- IMA Registration Fee
- First Internal IMA Assessment included
Please note: Male students are required to supply a female model to work on.
*The course does not include cutting or colouring
The course covers:
- Hygiene and safety
- Structure of the hair
- Use of equipment
- Product training
- Plaits – three-strand and fishtail
- Basic blow drying techniques
- Advanced blow-drying to create root lift and curl
- Roller set and root movement theory
- Pin and rag curl sets
- Tonging / electrical curling, and different methods
- Finishing of hair plus texturing
- Twisting and pinning hair
- Dressing of long hair – chignon, French plait, classic bun
- Correct use of hairpins
- Finger waves
Styles / Techniques
- Blow Drying
- Back Brushing / Combing
- Up-style – using ‘Donut’
- Pony Tail
- 3-Strand and ‘Fish-tail’ Plait
- French Pleat
- Rag Curls
- Victory Rolls
- 60’s Beehive
- French Plait
- Latest Fashion styles
IMA International Make-up Association
IMA Hair Diploma
There are components to the qualification:
- Evidence of Practical Skills
- Hair Sheets
On the last day of the course of there will be an internal assessment of your skills by your hair tutor. Students will be given a brief to follow and asked to demonstrate a complete hair and makeup look.
If a student is only undertaking the hair course without IMA makeup knowledge they will only be required to demonstrate a complete hair look.
Once the project is handed in and passed, they will receive the prestigious IMA certificate.
To find out more about the examination process please have a look at our qualification page.
Do you accept overseas students?
Yes, we take students from outside of the European Union, An overseas student is someone who lives outside of the EU and requires a visa.