5 Day Combined IMA Foundation Course Including European & Asian Arabic Bridal Make-up
Monday to Friday
5 Days, 33 hours
6.5 hours per day
Day 1 & 2
The first two days will cover intensive, hands-on make-up skills, providing basic training in professional make-up artistry in day and evening looks and working towards the IMA (International Make-up Association) industry qualification.
The third day will go through European bridal looks and techniques, including how to conduct a consultation with the bride-to-be and choosing the correct colours for the occasion.
Day 4 & 5
Days four and five concentrate purely on the modern Asian and Arabic bride and takes you through registry and engagement looks, wedding day make-up, and different eye techniques – including cut crease, double winged eyeliner and stack lashes.
The course is suitable for:
Beginners who wish to learn all the basic skills in professional make-up artistry or those who wish to refresh or update their present skills. You will be working in a professional make-up studio and taught by working make-up artists. The course is balanced between theory, demonstrations and hands-on practical workshops. No previous experience is necessary for this work.
The course is aimed towards those who are looking to make a full-time career within the bridal make-up industry environment.
What happens after the 5-day IMA training course?
Following five days of intensive training, students will complete an at-home study program using the course notes provided and complete a training portfolio of evidence – including a practical and written assignment – plus approximately 15 make-up looks to complete on family and friends. This required homework covers the first three days of the course (foundation level)
You will be asked to come back for one day once you have completed your portfolio work (We estimate this work can take up to 2 Months to complete). Then, you can take the practical exam and multiple choice theory paper. Only once you have completed the home study programme can you come back to school and take practical examination.
On completion of the programme, you will receive an industry-recognised qualification through the IMA (International Make-up Association).
For all make-up courses, you will require your own set of professional make-up brushes and brush dry-cleaner (not included).
- Leading fashion brands provided for classrooms. Including; Bobbi Brown, Nars, Shu Uemura, Mac, Illamasqua, Make-up for Ever, Laura Mercier…
- IMA Foundation course notes provided
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years
- Majority of products, including make-up, skincare and disposable items, are provided
- Brushes are NOT included. You will require professional make-up brushes. You can buy our LSM PRO Brush set & cleaner when booking a course online.
- Special discount shopping events and student discount cards will be arranged with some top brands during this course.
Please note: You will be required to bring a digital photographic device(phone/camera) to keep a record of your work. Please back up your photographs regularly during the course.
Please note: Male students are required to supply a female model to work on.
Please note: All students will be working on each other. If you have problematic skin or cannot be worked on for any other reason, you will be required to bring in a model to replace yourself.
- Tools of the trade and product knowledge
- Cleansing Procedures
- Hygiene and safety
- Skin analysis, Face shapes and skin tones.
- Warming and cooling colours (the colour wheel)
- Colour-Correcting and concealing
- Correct application and choice of foundation
- Highlighting, Shading and blushers Technics
- Achieving perfect lips
- Application and blending of Eye makeup (Colour Wash, Block Eye, Smokey Eye and Socket Line)
- Application of Eyeliners (Liquid, Cake, Gel, Crayon and Kohl)
- Eyebrow Shaping
- The application of false eyelashes, both individual and strip
- Client consultation techniques
- Building your make-up kit
- Consultation techniques
- Individual lashes
- Primers and Setting sprays
- Total look with a veil
- Business and self-marketing
Asian and Arabic Bride
- Face Shapes and Bone Structure
- Finishing for Skins (Matt, Glossy, Dewy)
- Choosing Correct Foundation and Correctors
- Contouring, Highlighting and Shading
- Full Coverage Foundation – Layering
- Full Coverage Concealing and Illuminating
- Intense Highlighting
- Face Shape and Contour
- Warming the Skin/Bronzing
- Strong Sculpted Eye Brows/Ombre – Using powder and pomade
- Shaping Eye Brows and Concealer
- Overdrawing Lips – Liquid Lipstick
- Halo Eyes – using bring matte shadows and a darker shade for depth
- Cut Crease Eyes – Using bring matte shadows and a darker shade for depth
- Glitter Application – Glitter Liner
- Cutting the Crease with Concealer
- Big Bold Winged Liner – Arabic Inspired
- False Lash Application – Full Lashes – top and bottom
- Adapting Looks for Day to Night
- Product Knowledge / What works well for photographs and studio lighting
- Making the eye look bigger
- Setting the make-up to last all day and night
LSM Pro-Store Professional Set by Da Vinci (13 brushes) £155.00
13 high-quality sable & hair brushes in a protective brush roll
This professional set has been designed exclusively for The London School of Make-Up by one of the world’s most prestigious handmade cosmetic and art brush manufacturers in Germany. Using high-quality sable, pony and goat hair for the best results when applying makeup. The brush set has been designed and chosen to help start your professional career in the industry.
Angled Eye shadow, Liner Angled Eyebrow Brush, Eyeliner, Lip Brush, Blender Oval/Smudger, Eyeshadow brush large round, White pony Blender brush, Powder Brush Oval, Blusher Fan, Concealer Brush, Blusher/Contour Brush Small Angled, Foundation, Angled Foundation Brush/Stippler
LSM Pro-Store Prestige Brush Set by Da Vinci (21 brushes) £255.00
This luxurious set of 21 brushes including brush belt are handmade and designed exclusively for The London School of Makeup by in Germany. Da Vinci have over 100 years of manufacturing the highest of quality professional and retail brushes for both the cosmetic and art world.
Lip Brush, Eye Shadow, Eye Shadow, Blender – Small, Blender – Long Round, Blender – Angle Large, Blender, Eye Definer, Eyeliner, Liner Angled Eyebrow Brush Angled, Eyebrow Brush Angled, Eyelash Brush, Foundation Brush, Concealer small and large Brush, Powder Brush Oval, Blusher Fan, Blusher, Blusher/Contour Brush Small Angled, Angled Foundation Brush/Stippler
LSM Pro- Store Instant Anti-Bacterial Brush Cleaner £13.00
LSM Pro- Store Anti-Bacterial Brush Cleaner is specially formulated to keep your makeup brushes clean and free from bacteria. This effective spray instantly sterilizes and disinfects, prolonging the life of your brushes.
For best results, use it in conjunction with Da Vinci Soap.
LSM Pro Store Cleaning Soap by Da Vinci £10.00
Cleaning and Maintenance of the brushes
Metal box with a content of 40 g
Our special soap for cosmetic brushes, based on vegetable oils, and comes in a practical round metal box. Through its reconditioning action, it keeps natural hair and synthetic fibres smooth and elastic. Your cosmetic brushes can feel damaged, especially if the product remains in the body of the hair and the remaining cosmetics become hard. This can take away the suppleness and make the hair break.
For regular maintenance, i.e. washing out all make-up residues, is recommended so we especially developed a cleaning soap which is based on pure vegetable oils with reconditioning effect.
Cared for in this way the brush hair will retain its elasticity and remains robust and smooth for a long time.
Do you accept overseas students?
Yes, we take students from outside of the European Union. An overseas student is someone who lives outside of the EU and requires a visa.
Do you offer student visas?
No, we do not offer student visas, as our courses are less than six months long. You can undertake a course for up to 30 days in duration with us providing it is part of your visit using a visitor’s visa. You will have to apply independently for this visa from your own country.
IMA External Examination.
This section is only who have already studied with us; all variations must be completed. The students need to book IMA external examination by following the link.
Each student will need to pass two external examinations in order to obtain this qualification. There will be a separate ‘brief’ for each external examination:
Exam Day has three separate exams:
- Day makeup (1 hour)
- Evening makeup (1 hour)
- Test Paper (25 questions multiple choice. 30 minutes)
Click Button for enrolment