5 Day Combined IMA Foundation Course Including European & Asian Bridal Make-up
1 week (33 hours per week)
Monday to Friday
Day 1 & 2
The first two days will cover intensive, hands-on make-up skills, providing basic training in professional make-up artistry in day and evening looks and working towards the IMA (International Make-up Association) industry qualification.
The third day will go through european bridal looks and techniques including how to conduct a consultation with the bride to-be and choosing the correct colours for the occasion.
Day 4 & 5
Days four and five concentrate purely on the modern Asian bride and takes you through registry and engagement looks, wedding day make-up, different eye techniques – including cut crease, double winged eyeliner and stack lashes.
The course is suitable for:
Beginners who wish to learn all the basic skills in professional make-up artistry or those who wish to refresh or update their present skills. You will be working in a professional make-up studio and taught by working make-up artists. The course is balanced between theory, demonstrations and hands-on practical workshops. No previous experience is necessary for this work.
The course is aimed towards those who are looking to make a full-time career within the bridal make-up industry environment.
Obtaining IMA Qualification
Following on from five days of intensive training, students will complete an at-home study program using the course notes provided and complete a training portfolio of evidence – including a practical and written assignment – plus, complete a number of looks on family and friends. This required homework covers the first two days of the course (foundation level)
You will be asked to come back for one day after you have completed your portfolio work to take a practical exam and multiple choice theory paper. Only once you have completed the home study programme can you come back to take practical examination.
At the completion of the programme you will receive an industry recognised qualification through IMA (International Make-up Association).
Both the European and bridal sections receive an in-house, London School of Make-up attendance certificate.
- Leading Fashion brands provided for classrooms. Including; Bobbi Brown, Nars, Shu Uemura, Mac, Illamasqua, Make-up for Ever, Laura Mercier…
- IMA Foundation course notes provided
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years
- All products – including make-up and skin care, plus disposable items – are included
- Brushes are NOT included. You will require professional make-up brushes. You can buy our LSM PRO Brush set & cleaner when booking a course online or you can purchase on the course day.
Please note: You will be required to bring a digital photographic device(phone/camera) to keep a record of your work. Please back up your photographs regularly during the education.
Please note: Male students are required to supply a female model to work on.
Please note: All students will be working on each other. If you have problematic skin, or you cannot be worked on for any other reason, you will be required to bring in a model to replace yourself.
- Tools of the trade & product knowledge
- Cleansing procedures
- Hygiene and safety
- Skin analysis types & conditions
- Face shapes and skin tones
- Warming and cooling colours (the colour wheel)
- Correct application and choice of foundation
- Highlighting, shading plus the use of blushers
- Achieving perfect lips
- Application and blending of eye make-up
- Application of eye-liners (Liquid, Cake, Crayon and Kohl)
- The application of false eyelashes both individual & strip
- Client consultation techniques
- Building your make-up kit
- Qualification requirements
- Consolation techniques
- Individual lashes
- Primers and setting sprays
- Total look with veil
- Business and self-marketing
- Registry and engagement looks
- Face shapes and bone structure
- Choosing correct Foundation and correction
- Applying Foundation
- Contouring / Highlighting
- Eye techniques including eye-liners and false lashes
- Eye brows
- Strong Lips
- Wedding look
- Different eye techniques including cut crease, double winged eye-liner, stack lashes
- Eye brows
LSM Pro store Make-up Brush set (14 brush) £110.00
14 high quality sable & hair brushes in a protective brush roll
Powder, Blush, Concealer, Foundation, Bronzer, Finishing Fan, Large Eye Shader, Flat Smudger, Tapered Blender, Smudger, Detail Liner, Sharp Brow, Lash Brush, Lip and Brush Roll
LSM Pro store Instant Brush Cleaner
(per bottle) £12.00
LSM Pro Store Brush Cleaner cleans and sanitises natural and synthetic makeup brushes by removing product residue, oil and pigments and kills 99.99% of bacteria within 60 seconds.
Do you accept overseas student?
Yes we take students from outside of the European Union, An overseas student is someone who lives outside of the EU and requires a visa.
Do you offer student visas?
No we do not offer student visas as our courses are less than six months long. You can undertake a course for up to 30 days in duration with us providing it is part of your visit using a visitor’s visa. You will have to apply independently for this visa from your own country.